Thursday, August 2, 2007

I've been thrown out of better places than this!!!

That would be...Merrill Gardens. The retirement home. My middle child volunteers there every Saturday. During Handy, the Thompson Trio was playing there and she had to go in at nine in the morning to set up the popcorn machine and make lemonade. (Yes, we've discussed the popcorn and denture thing. I didn't ask.) So after having gone to Handy on the Plaza...which involves sitting outside under a stifling awning that just intensified the heat...I went to MG's to pick up my child. And walked in the door and there, looking JUST like she looked 30-something years ago, was Cissy Smith. And we talked and laughed and talked and laughed and talked and...then some 400-year-old man asked us to please leave because he couldn't hear the music we were being so loud. As Mary pointed out, that probably meant AMY was being too loud.

I've seen me do that.

No comments: