Saturday, March 27, 2004

Stand up and testify

Brenda didn't send a picture, so this will have to do. She was a witness at my wedding, and we share an anniversary. I'll put up a more recent picture when I find one.

Place you live...Muscle Shoals

Married...For a long time...27 years

Kids?...Two. Jason graduates from college the night of our reunion...computer software engineer; Emily is a freshman at Old Miss...liberal arts today, who knows what tomorrow

Grandkids...not now, probably never

After high school?...I finished college, married Jim, went back to college, taught school in Colbert County for 15 years and then in Muscle Shoals for the next 11 years. Traveled as much in the U.S. as time and money permitted.

After that? I'm retiring this year. Jim bought a motorhome, so we're traveling more.

Strange or interesting things that have happened to you...I am too ordinary to talk about, but all the people around me are strange so I live vicariously through them!

Important things...1. I think the shiny man and street musicians in New Orleans have great lives. 2. My kids are terrific and have been so easy to raise; I'm really lucky/blessed! 3. Maine in October is the closest thing to Heaven on earth. 4. I am terrified of edges.

My email address is engteacher402@yahoo.com I'd love to hear from everyone

Hobbies, interests, vices...I love carbs, coffee and reading. I don't collect anything of value but I buy Powerball tickets! Auctions and shopping are great fun, but buying is not as important as looking. (From Amy: I'll testify to THIS, too. She and I were in Huntsville having lunch with Tony Barber last summer and I came home with a four-foot tall mirror, ten rolls of ribbon, a lamp and two picture frames. She didn't buy a thing.)

No comments: