Thursday, March 25, 2004

Well, there's no way I'M using an old picture!

In fact, here's two! One is the only time in the last five years I've been out to dinner at a place that didn't offer a toy with my meal. The other picture is the reason that I GET toys with my meals!

I live on Houston Town Road in Center Star. We were in Decatur 8 years and Fort Worth 5 & I swore if I ever got home I'd never leave this corner of the state again. Just call me Dorothy. I'm married to Bryan Cruce; he's three years younger than we are, went to Bradshaw. I met him in graduate school in Tuscaloosa. When we don't have little kids, he's a scratch golfer. Now, I think he hits balls on Sundays.

Kids? This is the kicker. Three kids...23, 8 and 3. The first two were miracles of modern medicine and the third was just a miracle. I am proof God has a sense of humor.

Grandkids? No. They'd just be overlapping my kids.

What did you do after high school? Went to school. And went to school. And then, ummm...went to school some more. I'm VERY good at it but as my husband pointed out every time I wrote a tuition check, it doesn't PAY very well.

After that? Uhhh. Went to school. When I finished my undergraduate work I had four majors because I'd been there so long so I did the logical thing and started on a Masters. In PE. Which I didn't have a major in. Both times I was ready to finish I got pregnant.

Strange or interesting things that have happened to you...The kid thing pretty much controls my life. That and construction at Shoals Creek Bridge.

Important things? I moved back home. Texas was fun but at this age I like the thought of being "settled".

Hobbies, Interests, Vices? I chaired Arts Alive last year and that was a lot of fun, but then Parks and Recreation came in and demanded half our profits (which we raise for local schools) in "fees" so I stepped down. I don't work for Parks and Recreation. I chaired the fundraiser for St. Joseph (third grader there) last year and raised over $23K. I'm a Master Gardener, secretary of the local chapter. I've learned a lot, but they're all retired and have nothing else to do but sit around and think up things for ME to do!

No comments: