Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Driving stories...

Since I don't remember this stuff I don't know why I'M the one writing it down, but every time I get off the phone from talking to Robbie I have laughed myself sick.

Driving Story #1...How did we get onto this? I have no idea, but according to Robbie one night he, Phillip Parker and Dennis Smith are riding with Philip Gooch in Philip G's mother's car. (Robbie, of course, told me the make, model and color of said car, but I don't remember what he said.)

ANYWAY. Gooch is driving like a maniac, or at least like a teenage boy..."determined to tear that car up" according to Robbie. Finally Dennis Smith realizes that he has a LOT to live for (stole that line from Ron White) and starts yelling, "Whoa, whoa, whoa," and makes them stop the car. He then starts looking for the seatbelts which, if you remember, always had to be dug out from down in the seats. He finds it, attaches himself to the car and they drive on. When they stop at wherever it was they stopped at, everyone gets out except Dennis who is stuck in the car. Turns out he had TIED the seatbelts together and he couldn't get the knots out.

Driving Story #2...Monica had...a Chrysler or something? Long, low white car. Or at least light colored. We were going down Tennessee Street into downtown Florence one day and she wasn't paying attention to her driving. Seems like someone was always yelling, "Pay attention!" or "Watch the road!". Just as we rounded the curve there at Florence Cemetery someone said something else to her and, I swear, I was in the back seat and I saw it...she took her hands off the wheel, turned around and crossed her arms on the back of her seat, rested her chin on her hands and stared at us. With the car still going forward.

No comments: