Tuesday, May 11, 2004

THE GREEN BEAN THING

I just had this long thing ready to post and X'd it out. Dumb.

Friday night was too much fun. The picture is the last one I took before my camera batteries died...this was Philip who was one of the 2 a.m. crowd. As you can tell, we were laid back. Literally. The waterfall sounds beautiful at night and we debated the cost of hammocks. We also solved a lot of the world's problems.

Okay...let me do my thank you's. Thanks to Robbie and Tim Collier who sat here one whole Saturday afternoon on the phone and computer while we found 90% of the people we were looking for. They then beat the bushes for the remaining 10%.

Thank you to Shelaine, who had Tuesday meetings with me at the tennis courts at Turtle Point when she left work while we waited on my eight-year-old to finish lessons. She did the tables, the new class favorites and handled the money and reservations. She also kept me laughing the whole time

Thank you to our ministers!! I walked into my parent's house yesterday to hear my sister telling my mother about Randy Burbank's beautiful prayer at the branch Friday night. And I was wishing Saturday night for a Lauren Bacall version of Stanley's voice for myself. They both spoke of the beauty of enduring friendships, and I myself am just tickled to death I got to spend the weekend with all of y'all. (Stanley told me last year he can always place what part of his life people come from by what they call him. "Stanley's" are always one of us.)

YOU need to thank Tony Hendon, who hauled tables and chairs and did the weedeating and cleaning and unloading and who put up with me Thursday and Friday when I panicked because I thought I'd left too much until the last minute. My husband loves him.

Thanks to the spouses who put up with us...can you imagine anything more boring than sitting in a room full of people who've known each other for 40 years and listening to them talk about things you've never heard of? I made two new friends...Randy Black's wife, Pamela, and I have conversed over the last month or so, and Dennis Smith's wife just rolled right in there with us...she's got to be funny to hang in therewith him!

THANKS FOR THE FOOD! I heard from Angie yesterday and they made the beer can chickens at home Sunday. Her green beans were a hit, as were Mary Anne's baked beans. Miss Pam (Hendon, but my kids have to call her Miss Pam) made white sauce for the chicken, and Johnny's wife, Cindy, brought a ton of stuff. I don't know who the other dishes belonged to but I tasted them all.

Thank you for my gift certificate, which will NOT involve kids.

The problem with thank-you's is that you always leave someone out, but I've got time. I'll cover it all eventually.

Here's The Green Bean Thing, from Angie:

  2 LARGE CANS OF ALLENS CUT GREEN BEANS (DRAINED)

2 CANS MUSHROOMS (DRAINED)

1 CAN SLICED WATER CHESTNUTS (DRAINED)

2 TABLESPOONS (REAL) BUTTER

SPRINKLE OF ZATARAIN'S CREOLE SEASONING

SPRINKLE OF GARLIC POWDER

SALT AND PEPPER TO TASTE  

MICROWAVE FOR ABOUT 10 MINUTES.

No comments: