Thursday, May 13, 2004

Last One Until Monday

Remember I said I had resigned as chairman of Arts Alive, because Parks and Recreation and the Florence City Council were taking half our profits...which we raise for area schools...in "fees"?

Later on, it looked like P&R was going to look the other way and we weren't going to have to pay the fees. So I took on the Gala...let's feed and entertain 250 people Saturday night, May 15. I have an out-of-town artist friend coming in to stay the weekend, and we lost our caterer for the judge's luncheon this Friday so I'm making ten pounds of chicken salad and four strawberry cakes as we speak.

Turns out, P&R DIDN'T look the other way and the fees DO have to be paid, but hey, I'm in over my head now.

The point is...these are the last posts until Monday. Robbie's and my pictures should be ready today or tomorrow, so come Monday I'll be full steam ahead but in the meantime...if you come to Arts Alive (and you should) come see me in the garden behind Kennedy Douglas. Remember my workboots and t-shirt last Friday night? That'll be me.

And another thing...someone asked last night: "Do you stay on the computer ALL DAY?" The answer is, no. The COMPUTER stays on all day, but I just pass through. Each of these posts is probably one hour from when I start it until when I finish it, but I only spend eight or ten minutes total working on it. Two minutes here, three minutes there. Then the phone rings or someone has a bike wreck or the cats eat the hermit crab. Again.

Again, thanks for all your help and all the great feedback. And NO. We will not do this again next weekend.

No comments: