Wednesday, May 12, 2004

On improving and getting to be 50. Years. Old.

(This is the only picture of Tony like this I can find. I'll add one of him by himself later.)

Something else. And I'll get in trouble for leaving people out, but I can only tell the stories I remember! You're welcome to add yours!

Rosemary is beautiful. She walked up and my jaw dropped. I don't have a good picture of her in the digitals, but maybe Robbie or I have one at the developers. I don't know what she's done, but she is Elizabeth Taylor drop-dead gorgeous.

And speaking of movie stars. Mary Anne looked like one. She had this great dress and she was just so serene...only word I can think of. Elegant.

And then MONA came in and jeeze...it ought to be a crime to have skin like that. Robbie and I were talking about this later and you ought to see her...what are these people DOING? (I'll tell you what they're NOT doing...they're not chasing four-year-olds.)

Then. I'm going to clean up this story for a public forum, but this improvement thing has been going on for years. Shelaine mentioned last night that Tony Barber was just gorgeous...the best looking thing she has ever seen. Bryan and I have friends on Court Street who have a Handy Party every year, and a couple of years ago Tony went to the party with us. He only knew one other couple, but it's a fun crowd and so he made friends left and right. Later in the night, one of our friends asked us if we (Tony and I) were an item in high school. And I have no idea where this came from, but Tony told them that my friends and I had this "list" in school of "acceptable" guys, and he wasn't on it. So no, we'd never dated because he wasn't on the "list".

My friend turned around and looked at me incredulously and in a voice that probably carried to Tupelo said, "He's so gorgeous everyone here wants to meet him and he wasn't on your LIST?"

So. Here's to all the gorgeous people at Dale's Saturday night. Who are almost 50 years old. I didn't see an ugly one in the bunch!

 

No comments: