Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Some things haven't changed!

(Pam and Tony Hendon)

They live in Elgin and I'm on Houston Town Road so we see each other a lot. We both have four-year-olds. There are days he wishes I'd move back to Texas (he's who I called when I needed my refrigerator moved and a new one picked up in Florence. I told you my husband loves him!) but he's stuck with me.

Pam has a neat home furnishings shop in Madison and I'll find the name of it in a minute. She has more energy than a tornado and the patience of Job. She used to own MooMoo's in Elgin and I am the witness...the girl can cook! So here's her recipe for white sauce, which we used on the beer can chickens. I brought ALL the leftover sauce home with me.

Miss Pam's White Sauce for Chicken

1/2 cup mayonnaise

1/2 cup lemon juice

2 teaspoons white apple vinegar

Garlic powder to taste

Coarse ground black pepper

Milk to thin if necessary, but it's usually not.

No comments: