Monday, May 24, 2004

Philip Gooch and Sandi

This is one of those "old" relationship things with the families and such.

About 15 years ago Bryan had to work a promotion in Marietta and I went along for the food. That meant that all day Saturday B worked and I sat in the hotel room. I knew Philip had been in Atlanta, so I picked up the phone book and sure enough...there was Philip E. Gooch. Now see, if you're from Center Star you KNOW that he only has one "L" in his name and that his middle name is Eugene. I called and he was there and I have never been so glad to hear a person's voice in my life. I think all I probably said was, "Come get me!"

We sat in a sports bar all afternoon and watched Alabama play and had a blast. He took me out to the airport and I will tell you...we don't want his job. (He's an air traffic controller.) The whole afternoon was just so...Center Star. Call your buddy and pick up where you left off.

THEN. Friday night at the reunion both his boys were there and they are cuties. Halfway through the night Lee, the older one, walked up to me and (no lie) said, "Can we have one of those torches?" I thought he was joking and I asked him, "What?" and he repeated it, "Can we have one of those torches?" We're talking fire here. Petroleum fuel and flame and the child wanted one to hunt crawfish with.

I think we found him a flashlight.

No comments: