Sunday, May 9, 2004

I'll do this later

It is probably not legal to have this much fun in one weekend.

We have had an absolutely wonderful time the past three days. If you missed any of it...well, shame on you. This was one of those times when you could not have planned for all the great things that just "happened". Friday night was too laid back for words and CERTAIN PEOPLE didn't get home until 2 a.m. Saturday was an absolutely beautiful day and the clean-up crew sort of...sat. Saturday night was too much fun...there were people there we had not seen in 30 years. We elected new class favorites and I'll post that and pictures later. We had the cutest kid singing 70's music...he wasn't even THOUGHT OF in 1974. We had classmates performing with the band, and we had a "floor show" at the end of the night. I have photographic evidence of all this so stay tuned.

The guy in the picture is Topper Price...he is a session harmonica player who can make you cry he is so eloquent. Allman Brothers, Dickie Betz, my knowledge is limited but he is famous among musicians. B and I have always followed him during Handy Week. After Dale's shut down Saturday night, we went to Bayou Blue and Topper was playing. We sat outside on the patio and laughed some more. Perfect.

My ribs hurt I have laughed so much. Later I'll start posting pictures (they are SPECTACULAR) and commenting. And boy, do I have some commenting to do! Like, I AM NOT BOSSY. You just need to get it right the first time.

I have a ton of emails and phone calls about how everyone enjoyed seeing everybody and can we please do this more often? Mona Jane looks just like she always did. Randy Harden looks better. Robbie looks like he's a hundred years old and everyone was just being nice. GRADY WAS THERE! And Dennis Smith is still the funniest human being on the planet.

Yes, we will do it again in five years...probably the outdoor thing. Which lasted three days for some of us. We may have to take Mary Anne up on the port-a-potty offer. You should have been there for "clean up" Saturday. We were vegetables. We've decided to invest in hammocks.

I'll post more over the next week or so. I was so glad to see you people...it is hard to explain to people who didn't grow up like we did that y'all are not just friends...we have a history that, in some cases, goes back generations. Robbie and I talked about this a couple of weeks ago and you brought it home this weekend.

I'm going to bed now. At a decent hour. For a change.

No comments: