Monday, May 24, 2004

I love Tim Collier

Tim Collier has always been Tim Collier, and it's a good thing because it would be hard to improve on the original. Friday night of the reunion his youngest daughter, Ramsey, came down to the branch. She used to look just like Tim's little sister, Joetta, but now she favors her mother. Which is where the story comes in.

Ramsey was standing beside us, and Tony Hendon was teasing her about something. And she was giving as good as she got. Later on, Mary Killen asked Robbie why Tony Hendon was picking on Tim Collier's little girl since he'd never met her.

Tim's wife. Allie Sue. Allie Sue Hendon. Tony's little sister.

That's another pair that we were talking about being so pretty...Allie Sue and Charlotte, Tony's sisters. Charlotte is married to Steve Oliver and she works at the bank in Center Star. (I know it's not Bank of Lexington, but for the life of me I can't think what it IS.) Notice sometime when you see them.

Tim told a story that, of course, I had forgotten, involving a blank report card and my handwriting. I think I've forgotten some of these things for a reason.

You know what I do remember? Tim getting on the bus in the mornings with hot fried apple pies. Jiminy. Hot fried apple pies for breakfast. Two kids ago I used to do that, and Daddy mentioned a while back that there wasn't a lot of point in me learning how to make them from Virgie if I never DID. Make them. So I'll add that to my list. Maybe we can do that at the next cookout.

No comments: