Monday, May 3, 2004

Guess where Randy Black is?

Name...Randy Lee Black
Place you live...just moved from Cumming GA on Lanier Golf Course to 5 acres in White GA
Married?...20 years to Pamela Lee George (Bradshaw 1979)
Kids?...none, but raised 4 felines (Garfield passed at 19 years and Nermal just passed at 17 years - Ali and Tigger are 11 and 9)
Grandkids?...none
Nephews?....3 (Justin and Christopher from brother David, and Justin from my sister-in-law) Brothers?.... David Glen Black (Brooks 1979) and Allen Keith Black (Brooks 1980)
What did you do after high school?...about 8 years in the chemist lab at NAFCO in Florence where I designed some new blends for Armstrong
After that?...brother David recommended me for a Journeyman welder's job with a union company and I worked in Florida, Tennessee, Louisiana, Pennsylvania, and Georgia for about 10 years. David left the company to become a real estate agent, now a real estate developer, and I'm his residential builder and restorator.  I've been the CEO and creator of ROM Inc, and am also the CEO of Ashland Homes.  I live in a home my wife designed and I built in Hawks Farm at Lakeside on Lake Allatoona in White Ga, alongside other estates I've built. I'm currently directing the renovation for a $4M estate, and my next project is building the homes in my brother's new development at Crystal Lake Estates in Henry County Ga.
Strange or interesting things that have happened to you...I've traveled to 25 US states, Canada, Mexico, England, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and Italy on vacation.  A few months ago, I met a man at a convenience store in Cartersville GA with a Shriner's group who knew not only my father and other relatives, but his doctor delivered both me and my father.
Important things...Married my best friend.  We had our first date on Dec 23 1983 when I was on vacation in Florence while working in Florida. I was assigned a temporary job in Tennessee and then was reassigned to New Orleans.  In a long distance relationship, three months later on March 23, 1984 she asked me to marry her and 3 months later we were married on June 23, 1984 after she graduated from UNA.
(I am open to any suggestions for a 20 year anniversary celebration/extravaganza, plus he is turning 50 next year and I haven't figured out how to top the spectacular semi-public surprise party that I threw for him on his 40th....Pamela) She continues...Randy was great friends with his father (who passed away on April 28 in 1995), and his mother is retired but loves working for the boy's companies.  He was great buddies with my grandfather who just passed away just one month shy of his 99th birthday, and is adored by all of his in-laws (a couple of hundred that have a reunion once a year).
Hobbies, interests, vices...close family, true friends, golf, NASCAR, traveling, home projects, openness for chatting and helping elderly persons, and is a fantastic listener to anyone in need

No comments: